Labrador is a breed of a dog which is considered to be one of the most popular breed in dogs. The origin of this dog was on the island of Newfoundland, off the north eastern Atlantic coast of Canada. These dogs where originally called St. John’s dog named after the capital city of Newfoundland. Labrador helps the local fishermen and is also considered as a dog for a family because of this these dogs spend their days being loved and pampered by people.But some Labrador serve as working dogs in different fields.
SIZE: It is a well built dog, the ridge at a dog’s shoulder blades — a male Lab should be about 22 1/2 inches to 24 1/2 inches. A female dog should be between 21 1/2 and 23 1/2 inches.. A male weighs between 65 to 80 pounds, and a female ranges from 55 to 70 pounds. It has a athletic built.
TAIL: The tail of the Labrador is has muscle at its base and has a lot of hair on it. It waves its tail whenever happy, the tail is straight when at attention or at work.
COAT: The coat of the Labrador is very thick and water resistant. The hair on the body is dense and straight. The thick coat helps the dog to swim and enjoy in water.
HEAD: The head of the Labrador is well build and wide. It has a muscular face and fleshy cheeks.
Labrador is a sweet nature dog. It is very amicable and intelligent breed of dogs. It can easily please anyone. Their loving nature attracts people towards them. They easily adapt in any situation and is a easy going dog. It learn things easily and is also active to face any situation. It is sports dog and has an athletic built. This dog is always happy and makes you happy every time you see it. It is both physically and mentally fit.
- Labrador loves to eat and gain obesity easily. For this they should be given proper amount of meal every day, should be given exercises.
- Proper exercise should be given to them daily as it is a physically demanding breed.
- Proper training should be given to them about the obedience, good manners.
- Proper bath and cleaning of the dog should be there.
- Vaccines should be given at the time of birth.
- Dry shampooing should be done.
- The weight of the Labrador should be maintained otherwise it leads to obesity.
- They also catch infectious diseases.
- Some dogs also get cancer.
PRECAUTIONS FOR LABRADOR:
- Labrador are friendly with kids but still precautions should be taken. The children should be taught how to play or touch the dog. They should be taught that not to touch any dog while he is eating or sleeping.
- Labrador should be taught how to interact with other pets.
- The tail of Labrador should never be pulled.
PRICE IN INDIA:
The price for this dog in India start from Rs 5000/- to Rs 2000/- depending upon size and age etc.